Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wow...too many things to post at once!

Okay so I realize it's been awhile since I posted anything here, but it's not because I haven't been hard at work putting things together. Multiple postings, write-ups and videos are coming your way very soon! Here's just a snippet of the things just about ready for posting and things in the works:

-In the next video I post, I share how my father and I recently picked up a great small acre property to hunt...only 22 acres but we are salivating over it! I'm going to take you along with me as I pour myself over aerial images taken from online GIS like GoogleEarth and the likes. I'll also study the topographical make up of the property and make educated guesses at deer movements, all in an effort to speed up the scouting process once we decide to hit the property by foot.

-I mentioned above I have a video coming here soon, and it's going to show how much change our Northern border has went through. I shared in a prior video how we're closing off our Northern border due to illegal hunters and in an attempt to encourage deer to travel on our property differently. I'll also show how we've begun opening up trails through our twisted and tangled bedding area, once again with the intent to encourage deer bedding on our small acreage even more so.

-I have also requested a guest write up be done on arrow 101. Many of us find ourselves in the woods with archery equipment...but how many of us our confident our set up is what it should be? I've got an amazing guest poster working on a write up that I promise you will assist you greatly in getting closer to that set up where you can be sure if you do your part your arrow will do its as well.

-I'm also planning on taking a video of a visit some friend's want me to do to their hunting property here soon. I'll take you along as I make recommendations on how they can begin to get the most out of their property.

-Also I have a friend of mine who sent me aerials of their property a long time ago and I did a lot of planning on it, but realized the other day I made the mistake of never getting around to the sharing part of it. So I'll make a video explaining another property I've built an "idea" of how to build a whitetail haven.

That and so much more is coming soon! As always if you have any questions or comments you'd like to leave please do so!

Also if you have any great before and after pictures of some hinging you've done email them to me at tylanmiller (at) gmail (dot) com. I'd like to have some for my Habitat Manipulation 101 handbook I'm slowly putting together.

Thanks and God bless.

No comments: