Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Border Hinging...and the fall out...

I've posted and attached to this posting new video of us just two weeks ago hinging the entire border of a neighbor's property line which butts up to the property we have had so many issues with the past couple years.

I stressed it at the end of the video and I'll do so again...this is a last resort tactic, albeit a very useful and powerful one. WE WOULD LOVE TO GET ALONG WITH OUR NEIGHBORING HUNTERS.  The chance to share techniques, approaches and work together would be incredible but sadly that chance is not possible here. We've had trespassing, encroachment upon where we already had permission to hunt (have since elected to remove ourselves), totally disrespect shown towards us and in the 2011 season a poaching incident on our property (we didn't press charges though).

So, we had already hinged our entire northern border, which most of you have seen in past postings/videos and a neighboring land owner talked to us about it. That conversation led to her being perfectly fine with us doing the same to her border which shared a line with the property discussed. We realize that by doing this hinging the neighbor's could become upset but it is none of our concern at this point as we've done all we can to get along. Just be aware of what could come out of doing property line hinging. *It is very powerful to have good relationships with area landowner (we actually hunt this neighbor's property as well).

So here's the video and be sure to check out the rub at the end of the video....hope to tangle with the culprit who made it this coming fall!



2 comments:

CSuter said...

I follow you and sympathize with your plight. I primarily hunt one family farm of 60 acres that was so overrun with trespassing for a while that when I put a gate on the primary access, I actually had people stop at my in-laws and complain that they couldn't drive across our land!!! I have good neighbors on one side and what I would consider slob deer killers (not hunters or sportsman on other sides) and I have employed similar tactics. Good article thanks for sharing.

I won't spam ya with the link, but if you get a chance check my blog at "No Pro Outdoors" (blogger.com)

Keep up the good posts, as a small land hunter I enjoy reading about others in the same boat.

TYNI said...

Thanks for the thoughts and sharing of your blog! It's a uphill battle sometimes, but honestly as I'll share soon, there are a lot more good guys and neighboring hunters around us than bad for sure! I am a huge advocate of being as patient and understanding for as long as you can, but honestly there comes a time enough is enough. To be bluntly honest when the poaching took place it probably still would have been salvageable "IF" they would have manned up and owned it when confronted face to face...sadly it wasn't though.